Who wouldn’t want to lose a little weight, become more powerful, and more reliable. Anyone? Bueller? OK, maybe not us personally, but the batteries in our motorcycles sure could use some help. One company, EarthX Batteries, is making all that possible and more with their Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries. Manufacturers of state of the art Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries, EarthX and K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) proudly bring you the next generation in battery technology.
Praised for their weight saving construction and rock solid stability, the value is hard to beat. Initially developed for the extremely competitive and weight conscious platforms of Off-Road Racing (Snow, Dirt, Ice, Mud and Water), this was one of the first test fields for EarthX. Knowing any reduction in weight could mean the difference of a Win or a Place, Racers could now shave off close to 75% of the Lead Acids girth. As the trials continued, more positive aspects were proven and more people were discovering just what the lead acid alternative had to offer. With the only on board management system available from any manufacturer, you are able to use any Lead Acid Charger/Tender to maintain the battery when needed. In general, models that have no power draw will not need to be maintained, however ones that have a constant draw from such items as an ECM, Radio, or other power features being constantly fed will need periodic maintenance. The benefits of owning an EarthX Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery battery don’t stop there. Check out the great features packed in each unit.
- Light-weight — 70-80% less weight. This could mean up to 13 lbs. lighter than OEM.
- Long Service Life — Up to 4000 charge / discharge cycles (3-8 years), over 4 times the life of a lead-acid battery. Sounds like a great investment.
- Longer Storage Life – due to an extremely low shelf-discharge rate, there is no need for charging in the off-season.
- Environmentally Friendly — non-toxic, non-contaminating, lead free construction with no hazardous materials – Truly a Green Battery.
- Wide Operating Temperature Range (-30° C–+60°C/ -22°F – +140°F) — lithium batteries are dry cell technology and will not freeze or boil.
- Fast Charge — can be fully charged in less than half an hour.
- Maintenance Free – All you have to do is install them and forget about them.
- No Specified Mounting Direction – They can even be installed upside down worry free.
- Safety and Reliability — internal cells are continually monitored by an integrated onboard battery management system.
- A 2-year full replacement warranty – No prorating
Sure there are other Lithium Battery Manufacturers, but they fall short of just what they offer. As stated previously, to maintain the battery a balance charger must be utilized, costing you more. EarthX has the management system built in to every unit so there are no additional parts needed. Take a look at the difference of what you get with their unit compared to the others.
- All products are engineered in the USA – That keeps jobs here!
- Uses American battery technology, the most advanced lithium battery technology in the world – Ttranslates into the best product for you.
- Batteries are assembled in the USA with US. There is no reason to let our trade secrets fall into the hands of the competition.
- Built-in battery management system for maximum performance and longest life — There is no expensive balancing charger to purchase.
- Flexible battery connection — This means EarthX batteries can be used in either left or right side polarity applications. You also have the option to connect the battery leads directly to your vehicle.
- Integrity – battery specifications that are accurate. there are no exaggerated claims of battery output. 500CCA is 500CCA. All batteries tested to industry standards (SAE, UL, CE).
Because the applications vary so widely, you will want to check with with your K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) Rep for correct fitment. To also give you peace of mind, EarthX Batteries power the stable of K and G Motorcycles. Make sure you stop by and learn more about EarthX Batteries at the booth in K and G Cycles Thunder Alley at Daytona Speedway during Daytona Bike Week.