What would you say if I told you you could decrease the amount of wind and turbulence you experience while riding your Road Glide by adding a little Flare? That’s right, installing a Flare Windshield from Klock Werks will dramatically reduce the amount of pounding air felt by the rider. There are many imposters out there but only 1 Flare and it is available from K and G Cycles.
The patented FLARE Motorcycle Windshield was developed at Klock Werks out of a need for greater stability in order to safely race at high speeds on the Bonneville Salt Flats. The FLARE is the ORIGINAL motorcycle windshield of its kind, and has surprised riders everywhere with not only how great it looks, but also with how well it performs. In fact, its superior performance has made Klock Werks a leader in the air-management field. The innovative patented design features “hips” on the outer edges that re-route wind away from the rider while creating additional downforce on the front-end of the motorcycle. This results in a significant improvement in wind deflection and front-end stability at highway speeds versus using a stock type windshield. The “flip” at the top of the FLARE is designed to reduce buffeting by kicking the wind up and allowing it to flow back as “clean”, less turbulent air for the rider. Don’t be fooled by imitations! The superior patented design and the highest quality materials are what make the Klock Werks FLARE Windshield an ORIGINAL. See some of the great features below:
- The 12″ FLARE™ offers the best of both worlds by combining the aggresive sporty look of the shorter 8″ with some of the added performance of the taller 16″ touring version. Generally low enough to see over, but high enough to tour with for many riders. As the best mix of sport and touring, it has become our most popular size for average height riders. Available in Clear, Tint, and Dark Smoke.
- FLARE™ Windshields fit ALL 1998-2013 FLTR / FLTRX touring models – ALL Road Glide fairings!!!
- Road Glide windshield dimensions are overall measurements taken in the center from the bottom edge to the top…
- The FLARE™ Windshield was wind-tunnel designed and tested. The “hips” on the sides provide down force to the front-end while the “flip” at the top directs air over the rider to help eliminate the swirl of air found in front of a rider with a standard windshield.
- Lexan® Polycarbonate with FMR hard coating is used to create these custom-molded designs with unmatched durability.
- Pre-drilled for easy mounting using stock windshield hardware.
- FLARE™ Windshields will not fit properly with the stock CVO rubber trim that comes from the factory on CVO Road Glide Windshields. Simply remove it, or replace with non-CVO rubber trim if desired.
- The BLACK color option is completely opaque – you cannot see through it!
- Certain mirrors and/or handlebars may need to be adjusted back slightly in order to fully turn or engage fork lock without touching the windshield.
- Made in the U.S.A.
When it comes to a smoother, more stable ride, count on the Pros from Klock Werks and their award winning Flare Windshield. Reducing rider fatigue equates to a longer, more comfortable ride. Contact K and G Cycles to learn more about Klock Werks and how the Flare Windshield can improve your motorcycling experience.