How often have you said to yourself. “I sure wish my motorcycle had ABS brakes!” Did you purchase that bike pre-owned? Were ABS brakes not an available factory option when your bike was made? I have some good news, you can install a Traction Control Braking (TCB) system on your American V-Twin. Now you can have the same sure-footed response of an Anti-lock breaking system without a costly retro-fit, saving you time and money. K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com
) has units ready to ship to your door giving you a safer ride. Check out the video to see how it works.(CLICK HERE
The Traction Control Braking System is exactly that:
: The tire to ground traction is referred to as coefficient of friction. A TCB System
helps increase the amount of wheel slip during aggressive braking maneuvers by using varied amounts of traction.
*CONTROL: During aggressive braking maneuvers or “panic stops”, the area of the tire that is actually on the ground is less than the size of a postcard on most motorcycles. This small area or contact patch is where you are getting your traction. The TCB unit allows the tire to rotate during these aggressive maneuvers and the driver experiences more control of the vehicle because utilizes more of the tires surface. Without any form of Anti-Lock orTCB System, the wheel is more likely to lock up, and as a result, the bike will generally skid out of control.
: Electronic forms of Anti-Lock braking only work at certain minimum speeds by quickly locking and releasing your brakes, but it needs to be noted that ABS still locks your wheels. When your wheels lock at high speeds or when you are on less than desirable road conditions (wet roads, gravel, etc…) this can lead to loss of control. The TCB unit
on the other hand works every time you brake and at any speed to help avoid the wheels from locking. Once installed, the TCB becomes an integral part of the brake system it has been applied to.
The TCB Brake System installs in minutes by replacing the banjo-bolt on the Brake Caliper or Master Cylinder. Unlike any other safety product, it works automatically, every time you brake, and at any speed. It works like a “shock absorber” inside the Brake system to help prevent the wheels from locking-up. Wheel lock-up during emergency or “panic” stops can send your vehicle out of control!
- acts like a shock absorber to allow the brake pads to float and/or drag over the rotors natural high and low spots (we are not talking about warped rotors).
- automatically increases Rider’s ability to brake in a shorter distance in both regular and panic stops (by as much as 20% in a panic stop at speeds from 35 mph to 55 mph).
- helps modulate your brake system.
- helps to avoid premature brake lock-up.
- improves brake control conditions in most cases.
- unlike electronic ABS the TCB System helps prevent lock-up before it happens.
- gives you a feeling of more range in your brake levers so you can brake hard with confidence.
- delivers maximum affect, when installed on both the front and rear brakes by replacing the “Banjo Bolt”.
- specifically designed for motorcycles and ATV’s without anti-lock brake systems (ABS).
- will not allow air into your braking system.
TCB Brake System works on motorcycles and ATV’s when an ABS system is not offered from the factory, and costs a fraction of a retro-fit kit if one is even available. TCB Systems are so confident in their product, it even comes with a “Lifetime Warranty”. Stop by K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) and discover the difference with TCB Systems.*NOTE: In all cases check the manufacturer’s specifications before installation to ensure proper fit.*