One of the greatest things about motorcycling is the ability to pop your favorite road mix into your sound system, crank it up, and ride. It can be a great way to get in the groove, put the miles on, and clear your head. As with everything, time and the elements take their toll on your stereo, slowly degrading performance. With the new season fully underway, it is the perfect time to replace your aging components with upgrades from K and G Cycles. As we all know, the stock speakers aren’t the best so I will show you some great alternatives that will prove to be an improvement for your ears.
Part # TR-049993, the 6.5″ Speaker Adapter Rings, give you the capability to upgrade your stock speakers to 6 1/2″ ones that offer extra thump and mid range definition. Designed to attach directly to the stock 5.25″ speaker locations, these adapter rings maintain the factory angle that Harley-Davidson designed into their fairings. These adapter rings are also compatible with stock or our aftermarket replacement steel mesh grills so you are still able to customize your fairing area too. Some of the key features of the rings are:
Solid injected molded ABS plastic
Retains correct factory speaker angle
Direct replacement, no cutting or fairing mods required
Sold in pairs
Part # TR-049981 is the 6-1/2″ Direct Connect Amp Systems for 1998-2013 Touring Models. These systems are the epitome of plug and play and they dish out performance in large quantities. Each system is equipped with their Direct Connect harness that utilizes the bike’s existing wiring as source to the amplifier. Each DCS harness is built using the same connectors as the factory allowing for a record fast install
that requires essentially no thinking.
• Class-D design makes efficient power with low heat
• Clean, raw power without taxing the charging system
• Direct Connect Harness for plug & play simplified installation
• Standard interfaces for universal compatibility
• Built-in crossovers for maximum loudspeaker performance
• Conformal coated for corrosion and water protection
• 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
• Systems come in 2 formats to meet every riders needs. Both systems boast 120 watts RMS, but are available with 2 different size drivers; 5.25″ or 6.5″
– (1) DCS Series 120W (2×60) Amplifier
– (2) SX Series 4 Ohm 5-1/4” or 6-1/2” Component Speakers
So before you head out onto the open road this season, make sure your tunes are up for it. There is no reason for you to be listen to the crack, pop, and muffled sound of your old worn out speakers. K and G Cycles has everything you need to step up your audio system to the next level.