As we ready ourselves to embark on a new season, we must address an unfortunate necessity – Hi Visibility Gear. As the distracted driving collision rate continues to rise, motorcycle riders everywhere are made all too aware by near misses, full impact, and fatal result accidents. What can we do to be more visible? The only choice is to start wearing hi visibility gear, and even that won’t ensue our complete safety. K and G Cycles knows it is tough to be a motorcycle rider these days so we want to offer you a triple play of products to enhance your visibility.
We all need a helmet so lets start with a Hi Visibility model from HJC Helmets. The Sy-Max 3 Hi-Viz Yellow helmet is sure to get others attention and create a wide berth for your travels. Loaded with features, this helmet features many of the same ones as a lot of the HJC branded helmets, but wears Safety Yellow for its finish.
Lightweight Shell Design
• Lightweight, advanced fiberglass and Spectra®composite weave shell with an ABS polycarbonate alloy chin bar
• Large eyeport opening for greater visibility
• Dual-density lightweight EPS liner
Flip-Up Chin Bar and Face Shield
• Single-button release allows chin bar and face shield to be opened with one hand
• Central locking mechanism can easily be operated with either hand
• Flip-up chin bar makes communicating with your helmet on easier, and wearing glasses more comfortable
XBi2-H Wireless Intercom Compatible
• Built-in recess port with panel cover allows the XBi2-H Bluetooth unit to integrate with the SY-MAX 3 helmet, minimizing wind resistance and creating an ergonomic design
ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
• Multi-stage intake vents combine with rear exit vents to provide flow-through ventilation
• Chin bar intake vent provides airflow across the shield interior to help eliminate shield fogging
Removable, Washable Interior
• Removable, washable, Silvercool™ antibacterial moisture-wicking comfort liner
Nylon Strap-Retention Band
• Neatly secures padded chin strap
SunShield Visor System
• One-touch integrated smoke-tinted SunShield deploys and retracts quickly and easily
• HJ-17 multi-stage shield closure mechanism compresses the shield into the eyeport gasket, providing an extremely secure seal
So when choosing the right helmet you might just want to choose one that has all the bells and whistles and comes in an eye catching color. The HJC Sy-Max 3 Hi-Viz Yellow Helmet
from K and G Cycles s available in Small to XXL Sizes.
Adding to the sea of yellow is this Sonora Jacket from Tour Master
offered in both Mens and Womens designs. From the company known for some of the highest quality and feature laden gear on the market, this jacket is no exception. Check out the features in addition to the big safety measure (hi visibility yellow coloring of the main surface area of the jacket). See what you’ve been missing…
Tour Master Sonora Air Jacket
•Three-quarter length, Armor-Link mesh material and 600 denier Carbolex® combine with 1680 denier ballistic polyester in the impact areas
•Comfortable, mandarin-style collar
•360º Phoslite® reflective piping and Tour Master’s signature reflective rear triangle increase nighttime visibility
•The microfiber lined collar and cuffs are soft yet durable
•Adjustable, elastic and snap sleeve take up straps at the forearm and bicep help secure elbow armor and material
•Removable, CE-approved armor at the elbow and shoulder with an articulated triple density back protector
•Aqua-Therm® two-stage waterproof and insulated liner can be configured or removed to best match comfort needs
•Zippered chest map pockets, hand warmer pockets, internal pouch pocket and mobile media pocket
•Adjustable waist belts, with TPR pulls, fine tune the fit
• Includes a jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side zipper included.
The only thing this jacket doesn’t is the kitchen sink. If you are gonna do it right, get a Sonora Tour Master jacket
and all the creature comforts with it.
For those of you working on Military Bases or Government Installations that need to comply with the new safety standards, here is a Military Spec Safety Vest
that satisfies the new requirements. This is also a great alternative for those of you in warmer climates that are seeking a hi visibility option. Check out the standard features you will get…
* Nylon Textile Vests* Black Hardware
* Side Lace Adjustment
* Day and Night Feature with Reflective Stripes
* Card Holder Pocket on Chest
* Large Storage Pocket on Back
Now you can follow the new rules and get back to enjoying your commute to and from work with this hi visibility military spec riding vest.
For those looking to increase their visibility while on 2 wheels, there are many choices of riding gear that offers an alternative. Lets face it, it doesn’t look like there will be an improvement in those looking out for us. It is up to us, the motorcycle rider, to increase our visibility, ride defensively, and avoid becoming a statistic. Head over to K and G Cycles
and take a look at all the Hi Visibility Safety gear we have available. Stay safe and enjoy the ride!