With literally thousands of ways you can customize your ride, when it comes to custom gauges, one name rises to the top, Dakota Digital. Even though their roots are in automotive custom gauges, they have broadened their horizons and now offer Motorcycle and UTV applications too. Since K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) mainly deals in motorcycle parts and accessories I want to focus on motorcycles today and introduce you to a few of the products available. It doesn’t matter if you ride a stock bike or have built a one of a kind Pro Street, Bagger, or Bobber, Dakota Digital has something for you.
As we all have come to realize, the folks in Milwaukee at the Motor Company leave a little bit to be desired when it comes to the onboard information systems on their bikes. For riders on those bikes with fuel tank mounted speedometers, hold on to your hat because Dakota Digital has a multi-function replacement gauge that will monitor just about everything but your heart rate and the air quality. The 2000 Series electronic instrumentation system offers you a 255 MPH/ KPH speedometer, a wrap around tachometer with an adjustable shift point, odometer with dual resettable trip meters and a full complement of indicators that provide you with a complete rolling information system. Designed to fit all single gauge tank mount applications up to and including 2013 models. Sit back and take a look at all the things this new gauge will do for you.
- 255 MPH/ km/h selectable speedometer – good on the street or strip.
- Wrap around adjustable tachometer with adjustable shift point, can also display in digital numeric readout.
- Odometer with two resettable trip odometers. Trip and Fuel mileage can be tracked separately.
- Resettable Miles to Service with warning (user settable countdown), plus an hour meter.
- Clock (12 hour format) to keep you on schedule
- Voltage readout with low voltage alert. Yet another monitor to provide feedback.
- 7 Speed Gear Position Indicator compatible with 3-7 speed transmissions.
- Various indicators can also be displayed such as Turn Signal, High Beam, Neutral, Low Oil Pressure, and Low Voltage
- Automatic turn signal cancelling compatible.
- “Wait to start” / Check Engine light.
- Performance trackers including: 0- 60 time, high speed & high RPM recall, 1/4 mile time and speed.
- Chrome front bezel with non-glare scratch resistant lens.
- Machined aluminum housing.
- Limited 2 year Warranty
So you see, for about the same price as an OEM replacement, you can have a hot new gauge that does it all and then some. Dakota Digitals 2000 Series Tank Mount Replacement, designed to give you “Too Much Information”!
Next I want to show you a model intended for that custom build, The 7000 Series. Equipped with nearly the same features as 2000 Series units, the 7000 models come in a more streamlined package to compliment the lines of any custom built bike. Understanding the limitations of space, Dakota Digital set out to design a shrunken version of their award winning gauges. What they ended up with was a compact, streamlined unit packed full of the same features as the others. See for yourself…
- 0-199 MPH or KPH Speedometer
- 0-8,000 RPM Bar Graph Tachometer with 0-16,000 numeric readout
- Oil Pressure Gauge, (sender included)
- Fuel Level Gauge, (bike must be equipped with a stock sender)
- Gear Position Readout
- Million Mile Odometer with Dual Trip Meters
- Countdown to Service Meter
- Turn Signal, High Beam, Neutral, Low Oil, Low Fuel, Low Voltage, Service Engine/Wait to Start Indicators
- Performance Displays such as 0-60 MPH/KM/H Timer, 1/4 Mile Time and Speed, High Speed and RPM Recall
- Positive Locking Connectors for all Wires
- Choice of Black or Chrome housings.
* Backed by a 2 year warranty.
** Fuel Display/Indicator not compatible with 2007 Harley V-Rod applications
With 3 different bodies available, there is sure to be one design of the 7000 Series Gauge that will compliment your motorcycle and have others take notice of your good sense of style.
Bagger fans unite! Dakota Digital has not forgotten you are out there. The 3000-OT is a complete instrument replacement for the stock gauges on your Fairinged H-D. Super Bright L.E.D. lights that are visible in all levels of light (extreme sunlight to the darkest of night) and clearly display all of the information offered. Just like the other models in the Dakota house, these Bagger gauges will tell you everything from soup to nuts. Wanting the transition to be as smooth as possible, the engineers at Dakota Digital designed these gauges to utilize the factory mounts and hardware, making this a plug and play situation. Even the stock sending units are used.
- Speedometer with odometer and dual trip meters
- Tachometer with clock and gear position indicator
- Oil Pressure with warning
- Oil Temperature with warning
- Voltage with warning
- Fuel Level with warning
Choice of :
- Blue or Red Displays
Additional features include, clock, gear position, 0-60 time, ¼ mile time, ¼ mile per hour, 0-60 mile per hour, and high speed recall. Includes cruise on and cruise engaged indicators as well as security and check engine lights. Extremely bright Blue or Red LED displays are highly visible in sunlight!
* Oil temperature gauge comes with sender you will install in existing hole in Oil Pan, wiring is included.
* User selectable to metric (km/h Celsius)
So you see, when it comes time to make that upgrade, it doesn’t matter what you ride, Dakota Digital has something for you. Available at K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com), these feature loaded gauges will have you baffled why you didn’t make the swap earlier. Don’t forget, after you get them installed, we want your best 0-60 time as well as your best 1/4 mile time.