It’s that time of year when we start to wonder if our battery will hold out through the next season. We try to do everything we can to keep it alive just a little bit longer. Being a key component that is often overlooked until it fails, the battery is a tricky component. OEM batteries tend to last anywhere from 1-2 year to about 5 years, the latter results require stringent monitoring and cycle charges. K and G Cycles is proud to offer you a replacement battery that will have you wondering why manufacturers aren’t using these from the start – EarthX Lithium Batteries.
EarthX batteries are designed to be a drop-in replacement of a standard 12 volt lead-acid battery, so no special or expensive charger is required. These batteries will work with any vehicle charging system and “modern” lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to our built-in battery management system. The batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they last years longer than a lead-acid battery. With a lot of talk about lithium batteries these days, it is known not all lithium batteries are equal. There are dozens of different types of chemistry used in lithium batteries, and EarthX batteries use cells made of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry that was developed here in the U.S.A. This is the best performing and safest technology on the market today. Lithium batteries are fundamentally different than lead-acid batteries and require the cells inside the 12V battery use sophisticated electronics to monitor and balance the voltage/charge of the individual cells. Other companies sell an additional balancing charger, which you have to plugin periodically to “top off” and balance the cells. Inside every one of EarthX batteries is a microprocessor Battery Management System (BMS) that monitors the charge level of each cell and balances the charge when needed, protecting the cells from overcharge or over-discharge. What this means for you is more starting power, longer battery life, and the safest lithium motorsport battery on the market.
The key advantages of the EarthX lithium battery over lead acid batteries are;
- Light-weight — 70-80% less weight
- Long Service Life — Up to 4000 charge / discharge cycles (~3-8 years), over 4 times the life of a lead-acid battery
- Longer Storage Life – due to extremely low self-discharge rate, no need for charging in the off-season
- Environmentally Friendly — non-toxic, non-contaminating, lead free and no hazardous materials
- Wide Operating Temperature Range (-30 C–+60C) — lithium batteries are dry cell technology and will not freeze
- Fast Charge — can be fully charged in less than a half hour
- Maintenance Free
- No Special Mounting Direction
- Safety and Reliability — internal cells are continually monitored by an integrated battery management system
The key advantages of EarthX lithium batteries over competitors lithium batteries;
- All products are engineered in the USA
- Each battery employs American battery technology, the most advanced lithium battery technology in the world
- EarthX batteries are assembled in the USA with US and foreign components.
- Built-in battery management system for maximum performance and longest life — no expensive balancing charger needed.
- Flexible battery connection — batteries can be used in either left or right side polarity applications. You also have the option to connect the battery leads directly to your vehicle.
- Integrity – battery specifications are accurate. If a battery is rated at 500CCA, the battery has 500CCA. All batteries are tested to industry standards (SAE, UL, CE).
With an extensive amount of applications for the whole power sports industry, EarthX batteries has a model to fit your bike. Proof of that is evident”K and G Cycles use Earthx advance lithium technology batteries in every bike they own!” From their vintage bikes to the Screamin’ Eagle Ultra and more. Pick up an EarthX Lithium Battery today from K and G Cycles and leave your battery worries behind.