When it comes to motorcycle tires, one name that is always on the “A” list of conversations is Metzeler. It seems more and more Metric owners are turning to Metzeler to fill their tire needs. K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) is proud to offer you Metzeler Tires at competitive rates, thus allowing you to experience the greatness that is Metzeler. Below you will find a run down of the technology behind these tires and just how it benefits you and how they work in complete harmony to bring you some of the best performing tires available on the market today.
Interact Multi-Zone Tension
- Modular steel cord winding tension: The performance of the tread compound depends on the stiffness of the structure underneath. This gives you performance exactly where you need it and maximum adaptability to different riding styles we encounter.
MAW-Metzeler Advanced Winding
- “Metzeler Advanced Winding” is a patented system for optimum spacing between the cords of the 0° steel belt. In certain sections of the tire, the steel cords are wound with different spacing depending on the performance requirements on that particular area of the tire. On both front & rear tire the spacing is wider in the crown area for more elasticity and self damping. For sections of the tire used for mid lean, there is increased stiffness to support fast cornering. On the shoulder area on the rear tire, the spacing is again wider for safe feedback and control when riding towards full lean.
MRC – Multiple Radius Contour
- Engineering technology for contour design dedicated to high performance riding. The contour curvature differs between the crown and shoulder area in order to provide the most intuitive and effective handling and grip characteristics. The crown and shoulder areas feature a sharper radius for faster and more precise handling (crown) and safer stability limit feedback (shoulder). A wider radius characterizes the side area, ensuring a larger contact patch for cornering stability.
MBS – Metzeler Belt System
- “Metzeler Belt System” is the patented technology by Metzeler for the diagonal belt on cross-ply tires. This modular-like construction technology really allows tuning each single size to the specific needs of the bikes for superior stability. This means that weight and performance of the tires are specifically developed for the more traditionally styled yet powerful bikes, enhancing their dynamic performance.
MBS Radial – Metzeler Belt System Radial
- This symbol identifies a tire with radial carcass and diagonal belt using MBS technology. The radial carcass allows the constgruction of a low section tire for enhanced cornering stability and reduced weight, while the diagonal belt limits tire deformation at high speed.
SRC – Single Radius Contour
- Specific tire contour developed for Custom-Touring bikes, characterized by a linear design. A bike specific profile, especially for heavy models. The wide crown area ensures great comfort and stability at all speed, thus maintaining very high mileage characteristics. The round side area of the contour provides very linear and easy handling.
CMT – Contour Modelling Technology
- Advanced design technology of the tire contour is tuned for a high performance riding style on modern bikes. Complimentary front and rear tire profiles are optimized through them having different contours, but each of them optimized to match at a single lean angle. The final contour design of the set features the best performing behavior for every riding style and all modern bikes: predictability, grip limit feedback and cornering stability.
FCN – Fine Carbon Matrix
- “Fine Carbon Matrix” compound structure. This new compound has been obtained using the last generation of high-performance raw materials for a quicker adaptability to a wider range of conditions, going from cold to warm, from wet to dry. This new structure ensures the highest level of grip both in dry and in wet conditions, thus maintaining extremely high mileage characteristics.
Dura Sil – High Performance Compound
- Latest generation of high-performance compound, with a high Silica content and new reinforcing elements to give better stiffness and superior mechanical resistance. This new compound has been developed to guarantee a fast and efficient adaptability form cold to hot, dry to wet, normal road to racetrack use with high durability.
O’Steel Radial – Metzeler PatentedTechnology
- Innovative belt structure, with a single ply of steel cords wrapped at 0° around a radial carcass. Patented technology by Metzeler for both front and rear high performance tires. Steel features a higher stiffness than the traditional textile material used and also reduces tire weight. A steel belted radial reduces the dynamic deformation of the tire under centrifugal forces giving the tire excellent high-speed stability. Steel is an excellent conductor, therefore providing a more uniform heat distribution which allows higher mileage and wear characteristics are more uniform.
WINTEC – Winter Technology
- Sipes are ”cut” in to the tread for fast warm up and incredible contact feeling with a compound designed to work perfectly at low temperatures. The Wintec technology allows riding for 12 months a year in safe conditions without compromising the performance.
Hopefully after readingthis you will have a better understanding that Metzeler Tires are so much more than steel and rubber assembled in a doughnut shape that you slap on your bike. An unbelievable amount of research, advanced proprietary technology, as well as superior components come together to give you the tires you have chosen to install on your motorcycle. K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) knows you work hard for your money and we know you only want the best for your ride, that is why we have chosen to carry Metzeler Tires. Contact us today to order up your new tires that will have you experiencing your motorcycle in a whole new way.