Now that you’ve got the time, why not install those Apes? You’ve said to yourself “I’d love to put Ape Hangers on my bike, but it seems like a tough job.” It can be a tough job if you have to purchase all your components separately. Those days are over! Paughco has literally put together everything you need to make the jump to custom bars and K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) has these kits available for you. All you have to do is decide the size and if they will be Chrome or Black.
Why not save yourself time and money with these 1¼”-diameter handlebar kits? They come with hand controls, switches and grips already pre-assembled and ready to install. The handlebars come in your choice of beautiful chrome-plated or black powdercoated finishes. The chrome kits have chrome switches and housings with chrome ribbed grips, while the black kits have black switches and housings with black rubber ‘vintage-style’ grips. Check out the great features of each kit:
• Complete kits are a direct bolt-on for 1997 thru 2012 models (they DO NOT fit models with heated grips or CVO models).
• Features radio and cruise control switches. Note: Models with radio only or cruise only have the option to use the supplied block off switch plugs if desired or leave the extra switches for future use
• Each kit includes a handlebar, 2008-up brake and clutch side hand controls with housings and switches, grip sets for cable-operated throttles and Throttle-By-Wire electronic throttles, early and late-style connector pins with a wiring diagram and 20″-long extension kit for Throttle-By-Wire controls
• Each kit has a clutch starting safety switch installed for 2007-up models that is not used on 1997–2006 motorcycles (refer to the wiring diagram included in the kits)
• Kits have 11/16″-bore master cylinders for dual discs
• The 1¼”-diameter handlebars are made out of heavy-duty .120″-thick wall tubing swaged down to 1″ for the controls, and stepped down to 1″ in the center to work with most risers
Dresser Ape Kits have standard switches with radio and cruise buttons for Harley Electra Glide models from 1997 thru 2012 and Street Glide models from 2006 thru 2012 equipped with radio and cruise controls. They fit all models with Electra Glide-style Bat Wing fairing including Trikes
Wide Ape Handlebar And Control Kits
Wide Ape Kits have standard switches with radio and cruise buttons for Harley Road King models from 2005 thru 2012 and Road Glide models from 2006 thru 2012 equipped with radio and cruise controls. They fit all Touring models with frame-mounted fairings
So you see adding Custom Ape Hangers to your ride has never been easier. All you have to do is contact K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) and your dream can become a reality. Whether you do it for comfort, or if it is to give your bike a wicked cool look, you no longer have a reason not to get the job done.