This year it seems it is more difficult than ever to come up with great gift ideas for The Metric Mortal on your list. Stay with me and I’ll get you some great affordable gift ideas from K and G Cycles (www,kandgcycles.com) that is sure to make this Christmas a memorable one for the biker in your life Whatever they ride, a Gold Wing, a Boulevard, a sleek Sport Bike, or any other metric we have some great gifts them.
One of the reasons we all bought our bikes was to hit the open road in search of that great “American Road Trip”. Have we found it? Some have, some haven’t, and some have found many. To point us in many great directions, the AMA( American Motorcycle Association) has authored 2 awesome ride guides with maps and point-to-point trip outlines for 36 different trips nationwide. Featuring trips from Whitehorse Press authors Clement Salvadori, Marty Berke, Dale Coyner and others, this full-color travel guide includes 40 detailed, topographic road maps to help riders follow the recommended routes and know what kind of terrain they’ll encounter along the way. Included are trips in the Pacific Northwest, California, the Rocky Mountains and the Southwest, Texas, the Appalachians and the mid-Atlantic, and New England. Riders can explore rocky shorelines, through sweeping valleys, up to mountain peaks, and across everything in between. 2 must-have travel books for those who long to take two wheels to the best of the open roads America has to offer.
Let’s face it, atleast 75% of us dump the stock exhaust in favor of a less restrictive, louder, better performing set up. Those in the Metric Know are very familiar with Yoshimura and it’s increduble history in the world of aftermarket exhaust. Sport Bikes are bought for 2 main reasons – power and handling – and one of the simplist ways to increase the power is to install one of the high quality slip-on mufflers like the R-77 series. Some of the great features of this pipe are:
* Trapezoidal shaped to maximized muffler volume.* Innovative carbon or stainless steel cone end cap.
* 3 Muffler options: stainless, titanium, or carbon fiber.
* Low-volume insert included.
* Complete style with 20-gauge 304L polished stainless steel tapered mid-pipe and header, and spring mounted spigot and flanges (most models).
* Slip-On style with 20-gauge 304L polished stainless steel tapered mid-pipe easily attaches to the O.E.M. header pipe.
Riding without the proper gear anymore is just plain silly. There are way too many distractions out there that could put us in harms way. A first rate jacket from FirstGear is sure to make any Metric rider happy. Safety is a top priority and when all of these features are combined, the end result is a jacket that looks out for you.
* The outer shell made of HYPERTEX Waterproof and Breathable, high-density, 600 denier polyester for abrasion resistance.( It keeps the rain out, but allows humidity to escape.
* There are six options to help you achieve maximum airflow: 2 chest intake vents, 2 back exhaust vents, and 2 sleeve cuff vents with 2-way zippers to regulate air intake.
* YKK main zipper and storm flap system with rain gutter and hook-and-loop closure to keep moisture out.
* CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad offer superior protection.
* Reflective panels on the front, side arm, and back offer nighttime visibility.
* Adjustable waist and sleeve cuffs for a personal fit.
* Snap tab Cover on the lower front of the Jacket protects your fuel tank from scratches.
*Two front side pockets protected by waterproof zippers.
* Internal storage includes phone pocket on the left side, map/cargo pocket on the right side and a vertical zippered pocket with a red slider for easy visibility.
*Jacket-to-pants full conjunction zipper fits easily through liner portal and can be sewn onto your favorite pair of pants.
* 1-year limited warranty.
Metric Riders rejoice, there are many great gifts available from K and G Cycles (www.kandgcycles.com) that you would like to find under your tree., all you have to do is make sure Santa knows where to shop. You can even make it easy, build a wishlist online and there won’t be any misunderstandings.